To be honest, it was quite stressful, because I didn't know if she or her dad would like it or not, and it was the first time I made an image with requested items. (In this case, it was a certain boat, a daschund, and bottles of Tanqueray) (Also working in color is terribly difficult for me...) I made MANY sketches of this painting, started to paint at least three of them - and finally threw them all out and redrew it from scratch once more...a few hours before I was supposed to meet her. I literally handed it off on Wednesday.
I actually like how it turned out, and so did she - so I guess that's all that matters in the end.
|Used watercolor, gouache, colored pencil, inks, and graphite. So, pretty much everything.|